December 5 – 15, 2019
Midweek Prelude 2-Night Specials – December 8 – 12 – From $149 for 2-Nights!
Here is opportunity to enjoy Kennebunkport fully decorated for the holidays and get your Christmas shopping done without the crowds. Sure, there are not 100 events, but there are several fun events every day and evening including… Cookie Crawls, a “Chocolate Bar”, Late Night Dance Parties, Christmas House Tours of White Columns, Frosty the Snowman, Festive Treats & Fun at the Museum, Candlelight Tours of The Historic Inns of Kennebunkport, Holiday Cocktails with Stroudwater Distillery at Alisson’s, Holiday Wine Pairings with Andrew Menard, Homemade Christmas Cookie Bake-off, Family Skate Party, Prelude Block Party. View full Christmas Prelude Schedule
Terraceside Rooms: Only $149 for BOTH Midweek Nights!
First Floor Oceanfront : Only $169 for BOTH Midweek Nights!
Second Floor Oceanfront: Just $199 for BOTH Midweek Nights
- Rates are subject to current Maine State Lodging Tax
- Longer stays at the package rate are welcome.
- Gift Certificates Are Always Available
Recently Remodeled: All Rooms are all newly redecorated in recent years with all new furniture, 32 in flat screen TV’s, ipod docking station, mattresses, linens and drapes.
A few of the highlighted traditions and favorite events include:
- Tree Lighting Ceremony in Dock Square
- Santa arrives by lobster boat escorted by two very special “lobster elves” in Dock Square
- Candlelight Caroling at the Franciscan Monastery
- Prelude Champagne Reception at The Nott House
- Holiday Shopping at boutiques, shops & galleries with festive holiday refreshments and seasonal sales
- Bonfire and singing of Christmas Carols by Choirs of Angels (and local talented youth groups)
- Prelude Craft Fairs featuring hand-made Maine products
- Blueberry Pancake Breakfast
- Downeast Lobster Bake
- Cape Porpoise Lobster Trap Tree Lighting
- Santa Arrives by Lobster Boat at the Cape Porpoise Pier
- Festive Holiday Fare, Special Menus & Entertainment throughout the event at Sponsoring Restaurants
Behind the scenes of Prelude is a cast of hundreds. Year after year, virtually every aspect of the Kennebunk community gets involved. Participating in Prelude activities are the churches, school choirs, civic and community groups, plus hundreds of volunteers. In all types of weather, you will find these hardworking volunteers devoting days of their time in dressing the village and historic homes in holiday finery with sparkling lights, splendid Christmas trees, seashell decorated wreaths, and garlands of greenery and ribbon.