November 30 – December 10, 2017
- 3rd Night – only $79/149. Extend your Prelude weekend and your 3rd night lodging for only $79 in Standard Rooms and $149 for Premium Rooms! Valid Thursday or Sunday nights with Fri and Sat night purchase.
- Rates are subject to current Maine State Lodging Tax
- Longer stays at the package rate are welcome.
- Gift Certificates Are Always Available
A few of the highlighted traditions and favorite events include:
- Tree Lighting Ceremony in Dock Square
- Santa arrives by lobster boat escorted by two very special “lobster elves” in Dock Square
- Candlelight Caroling at the Franciscan Monastery
- Prelude Champagne Reception at The Nott House
- Holiday Shopping at boutiques, shops & galleries with festive holiday refreshments and seasonal sales
- Bonfire and singing of Christmas Carols by Choirs of Angels (and local talented youth groups)
- Prelude Craft Fairs featuring hand-made Maine products
- Blueberry Pancake Breakfast
- Downeast Lobster Bake
- Cape Porpoise Lobster Trap Tree Lighting
- Santa Arrives by Lobster Boat at the Cape Porpoise Pier
- Festive Holiday Fare, Special Menus & Entertainment throughout the event at Sponsoring Restaurants
Behind the scenes of Prelude is a cast of hundreds. Year after year, virtually every aspect of the Kennebunk community gets involved. Participating in Prelude activities are the churches, school choirs, civic and community groups, plus hundreds of volunteers. In all types of weather, you will find these hardworking volunteers devoting days of their time in dressing the village and historic homes in holiday finery with sparkling lights, splendid Christmas trees, seashell decorated wreaths, and garlands of greenery and ribbon.